Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) loans are designed to provide home financing for qualified service members, veterans, or eligible family members. These loans have low and no down payment options, with a variety of rates and terms available.
- Provides financing for qualified service members, veterans, or eligible family members.
- Available in a variety of fixed rate and adjustable rate loan options.
- Offers low and no down payment options.
- Allows closing costs to come from a gift or grant.
- Provides a variety of rate, term, and cost options.
- No monthly mortgage insurance required.
- Provides the potential for minimal out of pocket expenses with seller contributions allowed.
Things to Consider:
- You typically have to pay a onetime VA Funding Fee that can be financed into the loan
- VA loan financing is available for your primary residence only.