Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans are a very popular home financing option. These loans offer low down payments and specialty programs such as first time home buyer, streamline, and renovation loans.
- Available in a variety of fixed rate and adjustable rate loan options.
- May allow you to use a gift or grant for all or a portion of the down payment or closing costs.
- Refinance up to 97.75% of your home’s value.
- Purchase with as little 3.5% down payment.
- Requires less cash up front for your down payment and closing costs.
- Available for nearly all income levels.
- Available for nearly all credit levels.
- Allows a co-applicant to help you qualify even if the person doesn’t live in the home.
Things to Consider:
- You typically have to pay up-front and monthly FHA mortgage insurance premiums.
- Usually you can only have one FHA mortgage at a time.